How can I prepare for Winter 2022?
With energy bills expected to reach over £4,000 (annually) this winter, it’s vital to prepare ahead of the increase. Many experts offer tips and tricks in saving money, such as regular services/maintenance and some even suggesting to turn your boiler off in the summer months – although this doesn’t work for everyone! Take a look below at our tips and services on saving money and having the most efficient boiler for your home.
Boiler Installation & Types
The first step in preparing for winter is making sure you have the right boiler, different types of boilers are suited to different homes. Whether its time to replace your run down boiler or invest in a more economical one – here’s a breakdown of the different boiler types and the typical installation involved.
Your boiler could need repair work at any point, that’s why boiler cover is so important. This type of cover allows you to prepare for any work your boiler may need, spreading the cost over your monthly subscription – depending on what your level of cover includes. Why not find out more about APG’s boiler cover plans and what’s included?
- Emergency calls outs as a priority
- Boiler repairs including labour and parts
- Annual service
- Everything in the bronze plan
- Central heating system, including pump, radiator valves, pipework and control valves
- Time clocks, programmers and room thermostats
- Repairs to gas pipework after the meter
- Repairs only to hot water cylinders and immersion heaters
- Everything in the bronze and silver plans
- Hot and cold water pipes from the internal mains stopcock
- Cold water storage tank
- Leaking over flow pipes
- Standard ball valves and toilet siphon (doesn’t include balls/siphons we can’t source)
- Pipes that have burst as a result of cold weather
- Waste pipes from sinks and baths (above ground only)
We understand the cost of a new boiler can be expensive, however if it is time to upgrade to a more energy efficient and cost effective boiler – you could save a lot of money in the long run.
The finance options you go with can be based on the likes of credit history, deposit, amount of credit and the agreed term.:
What to do next?
Our expert technicians are on hand to help, whether you’re looking for heating, plumbing or electrical services. Our team are widely available across the Lancashire area, including: Blackburn, Blackpool, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, Fleetwood, Kirkham, Leyland, Lytham, Poulton-le-Fylde, Southport, St Annes and the surrounding areas.